Alexis Dawson is a 25-year Ward 9 resident and parent of two school-aged children committed to high-quality public education for every single child in this city.
Our public schools need a passionate, experienced, hands-on advocate to ensure equity, wellbeing and academic achievement in TDSB policy and practice. Alexis’ extensive track record as a champion at the TDSB includes stewarding school to board-level policy change. She is an experienced grassroots organizer, school council co-chair, and professional working on equity. Previously an appointed interim trustee, she understands how to navigate the board in order to get things done, and she has the skills and experience to ensure that policies established by the board are implemented in schools and represent community interests.
Together with you, she will focus on:
- Investing in COVID-19 pandemic recovery to address mental health, learning loss and safety in our schools.
- Supporting children with learning challenges through meaningful investments in special education.
- Deeply embedding Equity, Antiracism, Anti-Oppression in schools to close persistent achievement and well-being gaps.
- Investing in strategies to address all forms of racism, bias and hate systemically and in our schools.
- Supporting parents and caregivers through comprehensive system-navigation tools, external website improvements and increased support for the Parent and Community Engagement Office.
- Fixing and greening our schools.
- Engaging you in issues like school building & development, community spaces and funding.
Now, more than ever, our community needs a strong advocate with a track record for making positive change. Alexis has a proven record in that role. Alexis will be there to support you; your kids, parents, families and neighbours in Ward 9 with her passion, expertise and experience.
We hope we can count on your support on Election Day, October 24th